Jumpstart your body’s natural production of collagen and elastin, while plumping and smoothing.
Do you feel like your skin is in a rut? Our mission at Self Skin Studio is to help women show off their best selves with preventative skincare treatments that enhance natural beauty and boost confidence.
Discover Microneedling in Wilmington, NC - one of our favorite treatments for a much-needed skin refresh. It diminishes fine lines, smoothes out texture, restores your skin’s natural glow, and leaves you feeling radiant — AKA it’s the skin treatment you never knew you needed.
Microneedling in Wilmington, NC: What it Is
Microneedling is an advanced skin treatment that improves your skin by stimulating your body’s natural healing process. This process jumpstarts your skin’s “repair mode” by creating new skin cells and increasing collagen and elastin growth.
The microneedling pen uses 34 very tiny sterile needles to penetrate the skin, creating thousands of micro-channels that rejuvenate and refresh the appearance of your skin.
Microneedling in Wilmington, NC can help diminish the appearance of fine lines, sun damage, and wrinkles for younger, healthier skin to not just get you out of that rut — but give you the kind of confidence you’ve dreamed of.
Microneedling in Wilmington, NC: What it Treats
Microneedling is the perfect treatment if you’re looking to treat uneven texture, dull complexion, and dryness. As your skin repairs itself, you’ll notice improved texture, tone and overall youthful, dewy skin.
It’s safe for all skin types and safe to perform year-round. It’s literally never been easier to supercharge your skin – and that’s exactly why this glow-inducing treatment is a favorite of so many because you can fit it into a lunch-hour appointment with little downtime.
Microneedling in Wilmington at Self Skin Studio: What to Expect
Here’s what you can expect from your microneedling in Wilmington, NC treatment:
When you come in, your provider will cleanse your skin and apply a topical numbing gel. After your skin has been cleansed and prepped, they will apply one of our skin booster serums.
Your provider will then gently glide the microneedling device across the skin, creating thousands of microchannels every second.
- Finally, one of our skin-boosting serums will be applied to deeply nourish your skin and enhance your results.
Did you know: Microneedling makes it easier for products to be absorbed into your skin so that skin-boosting serum will revitalize and refresh your skin, even more than normal. When your treatment is complete, you can expect your skin to feel a bit wind burned — tight, dry and sensitive to the touch. Redness may also be present.
Microneedling in Wilmington, North Carolina: Pre- and Post-Care Instructions
Before your appointment, review these directions to get the best results possible.
- Avoid laser procedures or overexposure to the sun before your treatment.
- Avoid using any products on your skin that increase sensitivity, such as retinoids or exfoliants.
- Do not shave, wax, or use depilatories on the treatment area before your treatment.
Follow these post-care instructions after your appointment.
- Treat your skin gently by washing it with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only your hands, and pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid using any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), abrasive cleansers or scrubs, or anything perceived as “active” skincare for one week post-treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for 2 weeks. You can apply sunscreen 24 hours after your procedure.
- Avoid wearing makeup for 24 hours post-treatment.
- Avoid heat (saunas) and freezing temperatures.
- Do not go swimming for at least 72 hours post-treatment.
- Do not exercise or participate in strenuous activity for the first 72 hours post-treatment.
- If a cold sore or infection appears following the treatment, please contact your nurse to discuss the options of medications to help.
- Avoid brow waxing for 2 weeks.
- Avoid any facials for 1 to 2 weeks following the treatment.
- Do not pick at any dry skin as this can increase the risk of complications such as scarring and infection.
In the following situations, you will need to reschedule your appointment:
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have been on a course of Accutane in the past 6 months.
- If you have active acne or inflammatory acne lesions, active infection, or wounds.
Schedule Your Treatment for Microneedling in Wilmington, NC
Get ready to see glistening skin looking back at you in the mirror! Schedule an appointment for microneedling ion Wilmington here.