For visibly clearer, brighter, and more radiant skin
As cliche as it sounds — you deserve to feel confident in your own skin. That means wearing makeup because you want to — and not using it as a mask to hide under.
At Self, we help you show off your best self with preventative skincare treatments that keep you looking and feeling amazing — with or without makeup.
Choosing a Chemical Peel in Wilmington means putting your skin on the fast track to restoring that youthful, radiant glow and showing everyone how much you love being you. If you’re considering a Chemical Peel to rejuvenate your skin, keep reading to learn how the treatment is performed and the benefits that will transform the way you feel about your skin.
Chemical Peel in Wilmington, NC: What it Is
A Chemical Peel in Wilmington uses a chemical solution that causes the outermost layer of dead skin to gently slough off and eventually peel. Hence the name “Chemical Peel.” This improves the appearance of your skin by stimulating cell turnover and renewing the skin, resulting in a smoother, more even complexion. Hello, radiant skin!
There are two types of peels available at Self: light (superficial) peels and medium-depth peels. Your skin concerns will help your provider determine which peel will work best for you.
Wilmington, NC Chemical Peel: What it Treats
Chemical Peels treat a variety of skin concerns, including sun damage, fine lines, texture, congestion, enlarged pores, acne, skin pigmentation and the general appearance of the skin.
We love a Chemical Peel as a form of skin rejuvenation due to the number of conditions it can treat. There aren’t many treatments out there that can improve sun damage, acne, wrinkles, uneven skin tones and hyperpigmentation all at once!
As soon as your skin heals, you will begin to see results. For a light peel, results will come in a few days. For a deeper peel, expect a couple of weeks. With either treatment, you will be basking in the gorgeous glow of your more even, radiant-looking skin!
Chemical Peel in Wilmington: What to Expect
Expect to spend about an hour with us on the day of your treatment. But, keep in mind the Chemical Peel itself only lasts about 20-30 minutes, the rest of the time we will be completing pre- and post-treatment care.
To begin the treatment, your provider will clean and prepare your skin, then they will paint the chemical solution onto your skin. Once complete, the solution is then neutralized and post-care begins! We provide a post-procedure skin care kit for your recovery, then we send you on your way. That’s it for your treatment!
For our light peel, you can expect minimal downtime. You may notice mild redness that will improve within hours.
For our medium-depth peel, The Perfect Peel, there is a bit more downtime involved. You’ll experience redness, tightness and flaking of the skin. These reactions are totally normal! You will notice peeling around day 3 following the treatment. This can last 5-7 days. We encourage you to stay mindful of the downtime when scheduling your appointment!
Chemical Peel in Wilmington, North Carolina: Pre- and Post-Care Instructions
Be sure to schedule your appointment for a chemical peel in Wilmington, NC at least 2 weeks before a special event. Redness, swelling, and peeling may still be apparent during that time period.
- Let the provider know if you have a history of cold sores. An antiviral may be prescribed.
- Make sure you do not have an active rash in the area being treated.
- Avoid Accutane for 6 months before your appointment.
- Wait for 6 months after a brow lift or facelift before getting a peel.
- Avoid IPL/BBL, laser procedures and waxing for the 7 days before your appointment.
- Discontinue topical retinoids one week before your treatment to reduce sensitivity.
- For most peels, you will need to stop the use of retinol three days to two weeks in advance.
- If you have a history of or are at risk for Post-Inflammatory Pigmentation (PIH) or a history of melasma, then prepping with our recommended products is recommended.
- Cosmetic peels contain active exfoliating ingredients and are not suitable if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Patients with a history of keloid scarring should avoid anything deeper than very superficial peels.
- Treat your skin gently and wash your face with cool water.
- Remember to moisturize and hydrate!
- Always use a good sunscreen and avoid direct sun exposure following your treatment.
- Avoid strenuous workouts, dry saunas and steam rooms.
- Don’t over-exfoliate! The Chemical Peel is already doing the work.
- Remember to use the after-care kit we gave you at your appointment!
Schedule Your Wilmington Chemical Peel
Are you ready for clearer, brighter and more radiant skin? Schedule your appointment by clicking here.